Rebecca Cooper here from simple as that. I'm so excited to be back here at eighteen25 and I can't wait to share with you this simple christmas countdown I created last year. It is made up of 25 snowflakes each one when turned over reveals a Christmas related activity to do each day from December 1st through Christmas day.
Here's how to put your Christmas countdown together:
1. simply cut out all 25 of your snowflakes. I alternated between white and craft cardstock for mine.
2. print out your list of countdown activities & cut each one out in small strips.
3. attach the word strips to each snowflake using the popdots or foam squares.
4. punch a small hole at the top of each snowflake.
5. thread string through the hole and display somewhere in your home. If you don't want to hang them, how cute would it be to simply attach them all to the back of a door or fill a wall with snowflakes?
and that's it!
So simple to put together and such a fun way to countdown to Christmas!
Here is a list of some more Christmas activities that you might consider adding to your countdown.
Do you have anything else fun to add to the list? Be sure to share your ideas in the comments. :)
-write down your favorite Christmas memory in your journal
-make Christmas ornaments
-make Christmas cards for your friends
-play with snow INDOORS (shaving cream)
-write a Christmas story
-go for a drive and look at Christmas lights
-have hot chocolate
-make handmade gift tags for Christmas presents
-do your chores while listening to Christmas music
-play musical chairs with Christmas music
-pick out a toy to give to a child in need/a local charity
-bake Christmas cookies
-decorate gingerbread houses
Have a great week everyone!
Thanks for such a simple + fun addition to our advent week Rebecca!!