Back in August, we shared this idea on How Does She for a first day of school teacher treat. We thought it would be perfect for teachers (or anyone else you feel fortunate to have) for Valentine's Day too.
what you'll need:
- a chinese take out box (we picked ours up at michael's craft store)
- fortune cookies (you can find them at smart n final or albertsons)
- the label (Download Teacher Fortunate Tags) or (Download Blank Fortunate Tags)
- a 4" scalloped circle
- a sheet of tissue paper
- optional: milk chocolate melts and sprinkles/jimmies
all you need to do is:
- print your label and cut it out (we used a 3" circle punch)
- adhere the label to the scalloped circle and attach to the front of the box
- add the sheet of tissue paper to the bottom of the box
- and fill it up with fortune cookies
- tie a bow on the handle
it's as simple as that...
now if you want to earn extra credit:
- follow the instructions on the bag for melting the chocolate
- dip half of the cookie in the chocolate and then set it on some wax paper
- while the chocolate is still wet... sprinkle on some sprinkles or jimmies
- then wait for the chocolate to harden and fill your boxes with them
* * * * * * *
Go check out a great tip for adding your own fortunes over at...