Monday, November 7, 2011

hand print turkey family

when it comes to thanksgiving decorations, i'm really lacking. we have a few little pumpkins and our new fall subway art and that's about it.

so, this weekend, we got the whole family involved and made a cute little turkey wall hanging.
(the hubby let me trace his hand and that was all the fun he could handle)



supplies:
white cardstock
a roll of kraft gift wrap
crayons or colored pencils
glue stick
scissors
11 3/4 x 36" frame (same frame we use for the summer/holiday to-do list)



trace hand prints onto white cardstock... color your turkey... cut it out... make sure to include his/her feet and red dangler thing... cut out enough kraft paper to fill your frame... adhere your turkeys using the glue stick... cut a strip of cardstock and write down everyone's names and attach underneath... easy, right? we thought so. :)

*also check out our friend Malinda's version here. so cute!

this post is sponsored by:


16 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going to do mine and my husband's to send to our grandchildren so they can add their family to complete the picture. It's a great way to connect for this special holiday. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I love it! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! So cute. I think I may have to steal this idea! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have us do this tonight for FHE activity. I needed an easy thanksgiving decoration. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, call me a nerd, but I still love making handprint turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so doing this for the after school program today. My kindergartners will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not the craftiest of moms, but I think even I can handle this project. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple & cute! I like the idea of framing them all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is very cute! I am so in to hand art right now - maybe its my preschooler! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a 30-something woman with no kids. Would it be totally weird for me to trace my own hands and hang it up for the holidays? I used to love doing this as a kid. Thanks for bringin' it back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found this via Pinterest, and I just wanted to thank you for such a cute idea. My kids and I did this day and now we just need Daddy to do his. :) I'm going to make a garland for the mantle with our turkeys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. we made ours!! {love} it!! thanks for the idea!!

    http://stampinandy.blogspot.com/2011/11/our-turkey-family.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did a Christmas version of these!

    http://www.readingconfetti.com/2011/12/keepsake-personalized-handprint-trees.htmlThanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete