Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


we still have awhile before fall arrives, but i've been craving these pumpkin cookies and just couldn't wait any longer to whip up a batch.


INGREDIENTS
• 1 c. sugar
• 1 c. libby's pure pumpkin
• 1/2 c. shortening
• 2 c. flour
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (don't feel bad for using more)
• 1/2 c. nuts (i use walnuts)

DIRECTIONS
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
2. mix the sugar, pumpkin and shortening together well.
3. stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. mix together with the first three ingredients.
5. stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
6. bake for about 12 minutes.
7. then cool and enjoy!

like any other cookie, these go fast in our house, so we usually double the recipe!



what's your favorite fall dessert?

. . . . . .

this post is sponsored by:

8 comments:

  1. These look so tasty! I just made a batch of pumpkin bread because I couldn't wait any longer for it to be pumpkin season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!!! I love everything 'pumpkin' and am always so disappointed pumpkinpuree still hasn't found its way on the shelves in shops around here. Last year, I made my own pumpkinpuree to use in several recipes but I think it was not as firm as the canned puree, mine was more runny which sometimes made the dough too moist. Wish I could try your pumpkincookies. You enjoy them for me!
    Bye,
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our favorite are pumpkin chocolate chip cookies except with 3 ingredients: spice cake mix, pumpkin pie filling, and chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes please . love these.
    -gillian www.seasonsgredings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love pumpkin but have never seen it in a cookie! I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If i cant find pumpkin puree in the supermarket... (i'm in Australia and cant say i've ever seen it!) can I just puree my own pumpkin for the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I just made these. Are you kidding me? Whoa. So. Good!!!! As I was making these, the shortening looked crazy gross as it was mixing, then at the end of the mixing, I realized there wasn't any eggs, which I also thought was strange. So, as I slide the first sheet into the oven, I was thinking they were going to be a waste of ingredients. I could not have been more wrong! these are delish! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sound delicious but its tricky to get canned pumpkin here in the UK - we aren't big on eating them either.

    ReplyDelete