one of our must-have treats during the holidays is this super easy microwave caramel popcorn that our aunt shared with us years ago. and because we LOVE chocolate, we decided to add some on this time and... we were pretty pleased with the results.
it's a little dangerous how quickly you can whip up a couple batches of this sinful treat.
but that just means, in no time, you can make some to share with your neighbors and have some for yourself to enjoy while watching elf for the 100th time. ;)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• brown paper bag (you should be able to ask for these at most grocery stores)
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cube butter
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 3 bags microwave butter popcorn (generic works great)
• chocolate candy coating
• pop 3 bags of microwave popcorn according to directions on package
• pour popcorn into brown paper bag
• combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a microwavable bowl.
• microwave for 2 minutes. stir. microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
• add baking soda and stir well.
• pour mixture into the brown paper bag, over popcorn. roll bag shut and shake.
• microwave the whole bag for 45 seconds. shake again. (repeat 3 more times)
• carefully pour popcorn onto some waxed paper.
• melt chocolate according to directions on package. then put into a small ziploc bag. cut a corner off of the bag and drizzle the chocolate all over your popcorn.
• let that sit for a few minutes. then package it up and pass some out.
(this post was recently shared on a southern fairytale)
this post is sponsored by: