I'm in love with the new shower curtain I bought for my kids bathroom. (target)
The colors and design are just too fun.
I decided to decorate some jars that we could hold cotton balls, Q-tips and cotton rounds in.
The result makes me so happy. I love the way our pickle jars turned into such pretty storage.
We were recently sent some of the brand new Americana multi-surface Satin paint. I've been a fan of Americana paints for many years... so I was excited to give these a try.
• pickle jars - or other glass jars with lids
• Americana multi-surface paint - we used the colors pumpkin patch, pink cadillac, coastal waters
• curio knobs (we used the tim holtz ones found at michaels)
• paint brushes• E-6000 glue
• I put my pickle jars and lids through a couple cleaning cycles in the dishwasher
• We picked out 3 colors and gave each lid about 4-5 coats. (I should have gave them a quick coat of grey primer - it would have saved me a couple coats - the words on the lids can be a pain to cover completely)
• Then we put them aside and let them air cure for 7 days
• We took the bottom screw out of our curio knobs and used the E-6000 to glue the knobs to the center of each lid.
• Let that dry for another 24 hours and then they are ready to be used
The Americana Multi-Surface Statins are available for purchase at Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, and other fine craft retailers. You can also take advantage of this great rebate that's good for the next couple months!
*This post is sponsored by DecoArt. We received compensation as well as product to complete this project. However, my love and opinion for Americana paints is all my own. :)