One of our favorite summer desserts to make is a jello poke cake. They are a light and cool treat that the whole family enjoys. We decided to try a different version of the cake we usually make, this time we made a yummy Red Velvet Poke Cake!
• Red Velvet Cake Mix (and ingredients on box)
• 2 - 3.4 oz.Jell-O Cheesecake Instant Pudding packages
• 4 cups milk
• 8 oz. whipped topping
• mini chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350°
• Prepare cake mix according to the directions on package and bake in a 9x13 pan until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
• Let cake cool completely. Then using the end of a wooden or plastic spoon, poke several holes all over the cake.
• Whisk together the pudding and the milk, then pour over the cake, making sure to fill the holes.
• Place the cake in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to let the pudding set.
• Spread the whipped topping evenly over the top and then sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
then dish it up and enjoy!
This post was featured on kojodesigns, during their Color Your Summer Event!
This could be really fun to serve up on Valentine's Day!